Summer can produce many anxious moments for our pets! Fireworks use extends beyond the 4th,storms, gatherings, parades can all create stress and anxiety. Here are some tips and products to keep them safe and sound
- Plan your strategy in advance:
- start using calming herbs and supplements before you need them and establish the right dosage for your pet.
- Have current ID on your pet even if it means writing your phone number on the collar with a permanent marker! A Better option is an ID tag. We can get you one quick! You can order in store or pre pay and create your own tag at home.
- Red Dingo tags are stainless steel and are available in many styles and sizes
- Silidog silicone tags are lightweight, silent and glow in the dark.
There are calming products on the market we are excited about that we have used and have very positive feedback from!
Herbsmith – “July 3rd”, an herbal chew designed for immediate calm, during times of stress. Available in small and large chews.
- “July Third™ is formulated to help dogs maintain a normal, content, and relaxed disposition in times of environmental stress and in situations that may cause anxiousness, such as changes in your pet’s daily routine, separation, noise from fireworks and thunderstorms, trips to the groomer, meeting strangers, traveling, or boarding.”
Earthheart, our favorite line of aromatherapy products for pets, has developed “Canine Calm” and “Travel Calm” in Spray and roll on. Great for travel and easy to use!
- Direct application by gently massaging the dog’s outer ear flaps, face and body.
Charlotte’s Web , a leader in CBD products for humans and pets, offers a chewable calming product that contains full spectrum CBD, combined with calming herbs Chamomile,Valerian and Passion flower.