Summer can produce many anxious moments for our pets! Fireworks use extends beyond the 4th,storms, gatherings, parades can all create stress and anxiety. Here are some tips and products to keep them safe and sound
- Plan your strategy in advance:
- start using calming herbs and supplements before you need them and establish the right dosage for your pet.
- Have an anxiety wrap (Thunder shirt) on hand and fitted properly and create that safe quiet spot your pets can retreat to if necessary.
- Have current ID on your pet even if it means writing your phone number on the collar with a permanent marker! A Better option is an ID tag. We can get you one quick!
- Summer special Any tag $6 mailed to your door!
There are calming products on the market we are excited about that we have used and have very positive feedback from!
Herbsmith unveiled “July 3rd”, an herbal chew designed for immediate calm, during times of stress. Available in small and large chews.
- “July Third™ is formulated to help dogs maintain a normal, content, and relaxed disposition in times of environmental stress and in situations that may cause anxiousness, such as changes in your pet’s daily routine, separation, noise from fireworks and thunderstorms, trips to the groomer, meeting strangers, traveling, or boarding.”
Earthheart, our favorite line of aromatherapy products for pets, has developed “Canine Calm” in a wipe. Great for travel and easy to use!
- A moist towelette to wipe away your dog’s fears.
- Direct application to gently massage the dog’s outer ear flaps, face and body.
- Travel friendly – no liquid to spill.
“LICKS” pill free solutions “ZEN” formula is a palatable, oral calming product. Designed to provide calm during grooming, kenneling, travel, thunder, fireworks, or any time your pet could experience stress. Comes in formulas for dogs and cats.